$125 per annum
The Clinical Nutrition Association (CNA) offers professional registration to qualified Clinical Nutritionists throughout New Zealand. This form is to apply for a new Practitioner Membership.
Criteria for Practitioner Membership:
- Nutrition qualification Level 6 NZQA or above. Equivalency to Level 6 NZQA will be assessed for all international qualifications.
- Qualification must include 2400 notional hours or more.
- Course content must cover and include the following: Nutrition, Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology, Biochemistry, Research, Clinical Practice and Holistic Practice.
- Formal Clinical Training is required which covers: Health History Assessment, Consultation Skills, Clinical Examination, Nutritional Assessment, Contraindications, Appropriate Functional and Diagnostic Testing, Developing Health Plans, plus at least 300 hours Clinical Practice covering a varied scope of practice.
- Evidence of Holistic Practice is required on application unless qualified at the Naturopathic College of New Zealand or Wellpark College of Natural Therapies. Evidence includes a review of the qualification, plus submission of a case take form and redacted health plan.
- Practitioner Membership is only available to applicants currently practicing in New Zealand.
Practitioner Membership enables:
- Professional Registration
- Profile listing on the CNA website
- Use of Accredited Member Logo
- Use of Southern Cross Health Care Logo
- Continued Education
- Discounted CNA event registration
- Regular updates on CNA activities
- Voting rights at the AGM
- Enables participation in CNA monthly committee meetings
The annual Practitioner Membership Fee is $125. Payment information will be sent to you once your membership has been accepted. Please allow up to 20 working days for the full application process.
On the anniversary of your membership you will be sent an email reminder to renew your membership so please update the CNA if your current email address changes. You will need to complete the renewal membership application form with evidence of Continued Practitioner Education.
We look forward to receiving your application to become a Practitioner Member of the Clinical Nutrition Association.
Please complete the following form in detail. Failure to do so may result in a delay in your application.