$125 per annum
The Clinical Nutrition Association (CNA) offers professional registration to qualified Clinical Nutritionists throughout New Zealand. This form is to apply for a new Practitioner Membership.
Criteria for Practitioner Membership:
- Nutrition qualification Level 6 NZQA or above. Equivalency to Level 6 NZQA will be assessed for all international qualifications.
- Qualification must include 2400 notional hours or more, equivalent to two years full time study.
- Course content must cover and include the following: Nutrition, Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology, Biochemistry, Research, Clinical Practice and Holistic Practice.
- Formal Clinical Training is required which covers: Health History Assessment, Consultation Skills, Clinical Examination, Nutritional Assessment, Contraindications, Appropriate Functional and Diagnostic Testing, Developing Health Plans, plus at least 300 hours Clinical Practice covering a varied scope of practice.
- Evidence of holistic practice will be required, which will involve a review of:
- Practitioner Membership is only available to applicants currently practicing in New Zealand.
- Your qualification (if you are unsure whether your qualification has been reviewed and has prior approval please email us a full course outline document showing that your course meets all our requirements);
- Your case take form and a redacted health plan, which all new members are now required to submit.
Practitioner Membership enables:
- Professional Registration
- Profile listing on the CNA website
- Use of Accredited Member Logo
- Use of Southern Cross Health Care Logo (your clients may be able to claim for your services)
- Access to members only area of CNA website with valuable resources and links
- Access to private CNA members facebook group to share information with and support peers
- CPE opportunities
- Discounted CNA event registration
- Newsletters and regular updates on CNA activities
- Voting rights at the AGM
- Enables participation in CNA monthly committee meetings
The annual Practitioner Membership fee is $125. You will receive payment details via email once your membership application has been accepted. The amount you will need to pay will be pro-rated till the following 1st August, which is our annual renewal date.
Please complete the application form carefully, as incorrect or missing information may result in delays in your application while we try to contact you. Please allow up to 20 working days for the full application process.
We look forward to receiving your application.