Recipe inspired by Petite Kitchen
1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut, (plus an extra ½ cup for coating)
1 cup ground raw almonds
4 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
4 Tbsp honey (I prefer to use high quality honey collected from a local beekeeper)
Zest of one organic lemon
Juice of one organic lemon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 pinch of pink Himalayan crystal salt
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients (except for the extra ½ cup of shredded coconut you are saving for the coating).
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture starts to mix together with the consistency of a dough.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into small balls.
- In a separate bowl, add the extra coconut. Roll the balls in the coconut until well-coated, and then transfer to a plate. Place in the fridge for at least half an hour to set.
- The truffles can be kept at room temperature, but I prefer to keep them in the fridge.
- This recipe makes approximately 25 truffles that will last about 3-4 days. Voila!