- 2 Beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 Fennel bulb, finely sliced. Discard the stalks but the leaves can be used as a garnish
- ½ C Red grapes, halved
- ½ C Dried cranberries (optional)
- 70g Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ C Hazelnuts, lightly toasted, skinned and roughly crushed
- 1 handful of Mesclun mix (such as baby spinach, rockets, ruby lettuces)
- Handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
For the dressing mix together
- Juice 1 lemon
- Quality extra virgin oil
- Salt & pepper
- In a large salad bowl, place all ingredients except the hazelnuts, mesclun mix and mint.
- Just before serving add the rest of the ingredients and the dressing to the salad and gently toss.
- Garnish with fennel leaves.
This salad is wonderful served with either grilled chicken or fish.